Friday 24 July 2015

Kissing her Demons

(For a long time, I had wanted to write down the stories that my mind conjures. Usually dark, bordering on bipolar. I have never written fiction and given the lack of confidence in my writing skills, I had thought that I would never. Then oneframestories.com happened, all thanks to Jaykay and I felt that, may be, I could try at short fictions. Then one day this happened. Around 4 months back, one random night, and I typed this in my mobile. Posting it now. 
Wondering why all this "INTRODUCTION"? To cut a long story short, it's an appeal. I am not a writer so please be warned before you subject yourself to this torture *wink wink*) 

Kissing her Demons

Mind wanders and the memory of a night
sneaks it's way through the maze of your mind.
You remember how he held your hands and pulled you towards him. 
You had anticipated this all along but you pretend to be surprised.
You let him think you didn't know this was coming. 
You part your lips. 
As if it were an absent minded and natural reaction to proximity..
But you know it is not. 
It was a calculated and deliberate move to make him move forward. 
You watch his lips. Now dry with wanting. Tempted
He leans and kisses you. You kiss him back. 
He takes your name. You just let out a sigh. 
Kissing gets passionate. More nibbles and bites.
BUT ..
You are not there. You are re-living a memory. 
A memory of someone with similar lips, assaulting yours. 
You think of how disgusted you had felt then.
You wanted to erase that memory. 
So you are creating a new one. ..
With someone who looks similar and has same kind of lips. Thin. And no flesh.

You kiss back with all the passion you are capable of. 
He thinks it's his victory. His victory to make someone so elusive to respond so achingly. 
Poor him...
He doesn't know that you are kissing a demon. 

You are kissing a demon that has haunted you for years..
to make that demon love you and not haunt you 

He just happened to look very similar. That is all. 

The haunting memory is now flushed. You feel victorious.
Then you just kiss out of happiness, because he says he loves it.


#Fiction 

No comments:

Post a Comment